Are you a youth between the ages of 12 and 24 and think you could benefit from having a mentor?
Do you wish you could be exposed to fun and interesting aspects of life?
Have you ever felt alone and wish you had someone more experienced to confide in?
Are you a student that’s yearning for professional guidance from someone in your desired career field?
IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS THEN A MENTOR IS RIGHT FOR YOU!
I. Am I Eligible For A Mentor?
- If you are between the ages of 12-24, you are eligible!
II. What will the Mentor and I Do?
- You and your mentor will have fun, meet up for events, work on your Life Plan and enjoy each other’s company. There is no set routine!
III. How Often Do We Have To Meet Up?
- You are required to communicate with your Mentor a minimum of once a week and meet in person a minimum of twice a month.
IV. What is the Process to Get a Mentor?
- Complete The LifeWorks Mentee Application Online:
You may fill out this short application online by clicking here.
- 1:1 Interview with the Mentoring Coordinator:
The purpose of this very relaxed meeting, which is located at The Village (1125 N. McCadden Place), is to learn more about you and to give you more information about what you will be doing with your Mentor.
- Mentor/ Mentee Match:
Once you have meet with the Mentoring Coordinator and approved you are available to be matched. When a Mentor joins our program who we think would be a good match for you we will contact you to set up a meeting. LifeWorks staff is present to introduce you for the first meeting.